Sold out for 2020:: 10 lb ~ Wild Alaska Pacific Halibut - Just FROZEN, 8 oz portions
Before Placing an order:
- Review our Fishing/Shipping Schedule page to find out what day your shipment will arrive
- Enter code: FEDEXFREE to enjoy Free Fed Ex Priority Overnight Shipping.
With a name like Copper River Fish Market, we’re best known for our premium quality Copper River Salmon offerings. But that’s not all we do. In fact Rick’s entry into commercial fishing in Alaska began with Halibut many, many moons ago. He’s got decades of experience and knows how to handle our Halibut with immense care.
Every step of the way from harvest to finished product we take the extra time to do things right!
Within 24 hr of Harvest: Cut and Packed by Hand - Flash Frozen
Skinless and Boneless (always be aware of the possibility of unexpected bones in any fish)
Portion Size Varies: 8 oz avg.
Packed in an Insulated Box with Reusable non-toxic Frozen Gel Ice Packs
Shipped Direct from Alaska
Fed Ex Overnight Delivery
- Small boat harvested by an independent fishing family in compliance with State of Alaska mandated sustainability guidelines. Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program recommends you purchase halibut from this Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified fishery. It’s all good.
- Our Wild Alaska Pacific Halibut is loved and preferred by most when it comes to choosing a white fish. Known for it’s delicate somewhat sweet flesh. Firm, yet tender with just enough flake and moisture to make for a superb meal. Divine in a multitude of preparations. Some of our favorites include: pecan crusted and baked in the oven, gently sautéed and lightly browned with grass fed butter in a cast iron skillet or poached and served with hollandaise and broiled asparagus. Often recommended for the grill or steamer as well.
- The following information is taken from the State of Alaska Dept of Fish & Game website
Pacific halibut are the largest flatfish in Family Pleuronectidae. Halibut and other flatfish are flattened laterally, and swim sideways, with one side facing down and the other facing up. The upper side is typically gray to brown, or nearly black, with mottling and numerous spots to blend in with a sandy or muddy bottom. The underside is typically white. Virtually all halibut are right-eyed, meaning both eyes are found on the upper, dark side of the body. Left-eyed halibut are rare; one report suggested a ratio of about 1 in 20,000. In these fish, the eyes and dark pigment are on the left side of the body, and the fish swims with the right (white) side facing down. The dorsal fin is continuous from near the eyes to the base of the tail, and the anal fin extends from just behind the anus to the same point on the other side. The mouth extends to the middle of the lower eye or beyond, and is nearly symmetrical. The scales are quite small and buried in the skin, making the skin appear smooth. The tail is broad, symmetrical, and lacks a distinct fork. The lateral line is strongly arched over the pectoral fin. The maximum reported size is over 8 feet in length and over 500 pounds.
We will ship all orders "NO Signature Required".
This means that Fed Ex will leave your order at your doorstep if you are not home.
We'll pack your order with care in an insulated box with adequate gel ice for transit. However we are not responsible for loss of quality, spoilage or theft due to the shipment being delivered and left unattended in unfavorable conditions.
After shipment we will email notify you with your Fed Ex Tracking number. You can track your order online at FedEx.com, call Fed Ex at 1-800-GO-FEDEX or to receive text alerts from Fed Ex send the word "follow" and your tracking number to 48773. Your text should look like this, but with your unique tracking number: follow 770123456789
If Fed Ex fails to deliver on schedule and there is a loss in quality we would be able to submit a claim on your behalf but not in other instances.
Due to the perishable nature of seafood its very important you provide an often checked email address and a phone number you can easily be reached at.
We'll be watching it in transit but need to be able to contact you should any delays occur.
Thank you :)